It can be hard to know if someone is the right person for you, especially if you feel the spark of love fast and then find yourself wondering how well you really know a person.
If you lay in bed and wonder if you should move forward in the relationship, don’t make the decision without having all the information first.
Here is a list of 50 questions that you can ask your partner to find out if you are compatible with each other. Or, in the very least, find out if you have enough in common to continue to pursue the relationship.
You might not like what you find in asking these questions, but it’s better to know now than find out 5 years from now that your partner can’t stand it when people drink alcohol or text 10 times an hour.
Who knows what you’ll learn – proceed with caution and be willing to hear what is being said without judgement.
50 relationship questions you must ask your partner before it’s too late
1) What is the one thing you value in your life more than anything?
2) Do you think that you need to work on any areas of your life?
3) What is your biggest challenges in a relationship to date?
4) What is the best thing about your parents?
5) What would an ex-partner say about you?
6) What is your biggest fear in life?
7) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
8) What do people notice about you first?
9) What is one thing you wish people didn’t notice about you?
10) Who is the most important person in your life and why?
11) What is the one thing you can’t live without?
12) What do you think intimacy is all about?
13) What is your favorite movie?
14) What’s your favorite time of year?
15) What is one thing that turns you off?
16) What makes you cry?
17) What is the one guilty pleasure you like to spend money on?
18) How much money do you make?
19)What are your ambitions in life?
20) What is one word you would use to describe yourself?
21) What pisses you off more than anything?
22) What’s a pet peeve that you have?
23) How much money do you need to make to be happy?
24) What is your idea of a perfect day?
25) Is there anyone in your life that you don’t speak to anymore?
26) What is a quality that you must have in your partner?
27) What is the worst thing that could ever happen in your mind?
28) What do you think is the best thing that has happened to you so far in life?
29) Would you say that you are a dominant personality in a relationship?
30) Have you ever been in love before?
31) Do you prefer funny or smart partners?
32) What is the one thing that makes you feel vulnerable?
33) What is one lesson you learned the hard way?
34) What is one moment that was totally embarrassing and you wish you could make it go away?
35) What is the one thing that is a deal breaker for you in a relationship?
36) What is the best part of your body?
37) What makes you question a relationship?
38) What is your favorite music?
39) What’s the best compliment you ever got from a partner?
40) What’s the worst thing anyone has ever said about you that you know about?
41) Why do you want to be in a relationship?
42) Do you think you are romantic?
43) What’s the worst thing you’ve ever said about an ex-partner?
44) What drives you crazy?
45) Have you ever forgiven someone for something you thought you couldn’t?
46) Do you have any inhibitions?
47) What do you love about yourself more than anything?
48) How do you manage failure in your life?
49) Would you change who you are to be with someone?
50) Have you ever cheated on a partner in the past?
Keep in mind that you might not want to bombard your partner with all 50 questions at once, although it would be a good experiment.
Sprinkle the questions into your conversation over time and be sure to ask lots of follow up questions. For example, if you find out that your partner has cheated on someone before, ask about the circumstances and what brought it about.
Don’t accuse or blame anyone. This is just information seeking. And don’t get mad if your partner won’t give up some information – there are just some things that people don’t want to share, so be respectful of that and decide if you really need to know that information or not to move forward in the relationship.
You might find that some information is better left unsaid between two people trying to find their way in the world.
But everyone is different so this mixed list of questions can be asked together or mixed and matched to suit your information needs.
- Here are 15 questions you should ask your partner before getting married
- Here are 7 questions to predict the success of your relationship
Mindfulness has become increasingly popular in the western world.
Celebrities swear by it, scientists study it, and monks still practice it.
But what, exactly, is mindfulness? And how can you deploy it to receive its considerable physical and mental health-related benefits?
Hack Spirit’s latest eBook, The Art of Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Living in the Moment, answers these questions and provides a compelling introduction to mindfulness and how to reap its benefits.
This eBook is the perfect introduction to the mindfulness phenomenon. It's filled with practical tips, information and easy-to-follow mindful techniques to live a more peaceful, productive life.