“Life is life and things happen” — Sonia Ricotti
Well ‘ain’t that the truth.
It’s not that any of us go looking for struggle, but it will inevitably find us all at some time or another.
But what if we more effortlessly turned the challenges we face in life around and used them as strengths to propel us forward towards bigger and better things?
That’s the premise of Sonia Ricotti’s Unsinkable Bounce Back System.
This is a program designed to help you overcome the obstacles you face, turn your life around and start living your dreams.
Sounds pretty good right? But does it work?
In this honest review, I’ll share with you my own personal results after taking the course in full, as well as anything I think you should know before deciding whether to do it for yourself.
Why I wanted to do the Unsinkable Bounce Back System
To give you some context, I want to share with you what drew me towards the Unsinkable Bounce Back System in the first place.
I think most of us know that going through a breakup always shakes up your world. This was the situation I found myself in at the beginning of the year.
After my ex-partner moved out, I was living abroad alone during a Covid 19 lockdown. After spending Christmas day on my own, I was seriously questioning what I was doing with my life.
But as the saying goes, this was not my first rodeo.
A breakup 8 years earlier had devastated life as I knew it back then. But it turned everything upside down in a way that ultimately changed the direction of my entire life in the very best of ways.
So luckily, I had already learned that although change is disruptive it’s also inevitable, and more than that — can be the biggest gift you ever receive if you let it be.
I understood that deciding to take control of any situation defines everything that follows afterward.
Last time I had a serious breakup, I relied heavily on powerful mindset tools to try to carve out the most positive attitude — not only to get me through but to come out stronger.
What’s your superpower? Our revealing new quiz will help you discover your hidden superpower and unlock your greatest gifts in life. Check it out here.
So I knew that these same tried and tested techniques were what stood the best chance of allowing me to bounce back quickly this time around too.
What is the Unsinkable Bounce Back System?
The Unsinkable Bounce Back System says it will teach you how to turn around any difficult situation you are facing (whether that’s financial, relationships, health, or career) to create a successful life that you love.
Essentially it’s about building resilience to the inevitable challenges you encounter, shifting your perception to reframe negative circumstances, and learning to look for the silver lining in life.
If it sounds a bit Pollyanna, know that before I tried these kinds of techniques I was a huge sceptic.
It might sound like an overly simple plan, but the reason it works is because, psychologically speaking, we tend to get what we expect in life.
When we weave painful interpretations of events, that only serves to create more suffering for ourselves.
Far from being wishful thinking, this program is actually pretty pragmatic as the idea is that we cannot change our circumstances, but we can change our thoughts towards it.
Shifting our mindset to something that serves you far better, allows you to find solutions and move forward.
This promotes resilience, self-responsibility, and optimism — all traits that help you to be successful in life.
The idea is that if you want success, you have to focus on the open doors rather than the closed ones.
This course is about giving you the best mindset and practical life tools to take matters into your own hands.
Who is Sonia Ricotti?
I hadn’t heard of Sonia Ricotti before discovering this course, although she is already a bestselling author of two books — Unsinkable: How to Bounce Back Quickly When Life Knocks You Down, and, The Law of Attraction Plain and Simple.
Her own personal story is an interesting one, and something I personally really resonated with.
She found herself deeply in debt, about to lose her home and dealing with the breakdown of a relationship (where substance abuse was involved).
Basically, she found herself in a situation I’m sure a lot of us can probably relate to — the “when it rains, it pours” scenario of life.
But despite the hardships, she turned her life around and found happiness and success. She attributes that to the techniques, methods, and teachings that she passes on in the Unsinkable Bounce Back System.
What I did and didn’t like about the Unsinkable Bounce Back System
- One of the most frustrating things about dealing with disruption in life is how out of control you can feel. With this course, I loved that you are taking charge of your life again. Just feeling in control helped me to reduce the helplessness that can descend when you are going through a difficult time.
- I found the honesty from this program refreshing. There’s no attempt to whitewash over your emotions. It’s not about expecting this course to magic away your pain or struggles. It’s totally upfront about the fact that “negative” emotions are normal, and that healing can take time. But it gives you the tools to make the very best of the situation and come out even stronger. That’s the best any of us can hope for after all.
- This is an empowering course that turns you from the victim into the hero of your story.
- The lessons/sessions are available as video, audio, or transcripts depending on your needs or preferences for consuming the content.
- It’s comforting and motivating to feel like someone understands how you are feeling at a difficult time in your life. We don’t all have people around us who can empathize and support us in the ways we most need.
- There’s a 60-day money-back guarantee, which I think is really important when you are buying anything online. You can try it out and if you don’t like it or get the results you expect, you can apply for a refund.
- I love that much of this course centres around resilience. I truly believe that developing this skill has been one of the best investments of my time — because any success we have in life always comes along with plenty of “failures” first and learning to keep going is key.
- I would have liked to see Sonia Ricotti presenting some of the videos to bring them to life a bit more, and not just recording voice-over audio for them. But that’s a personal preference.
- Some of the marketing felt like it was giving me the “hard sell”. But I always think that about every single course I do. So I think it’s just marketing in general I dislike, but hey, I guess they do it for a reason. And if that’s what needs to happen to convince people to invest in themselves, perhaps the means justify the ends. What matters most when you look past the marketing is that the content is valuable and effective.
- $249 is definitely a financial commitment for most of us. Although it’s worth saying that can be a positive as well as a negative. I don’t know about you, but more often than not I need to put my money where my mouth is to find the motivation to follow through with things.
Does the Unsinkable Bounce Back System work? My results after taking the course
As I said in the intro, many of these tools were not particularly new to me on my own personal development journey. In fact, a lot are some of my favourite (and the most effective) techniques I have found.
So it was exactly what I needed as a refresher to help me bounce back again after my breakup and feel excited about moving forward with the next chapter of my life, rather than feeling stuck or wallowing in self-pity.
Straight away I got an instant boost of motivation and positivity from taking this course. It helped me to feel better and refocus my scattered energy.
Looking more long-term, if you’re hoping you’ll have totally turned your life around in the 7 days it takes to finish the sessions — you may be disappointed.
I’d also say it is most likely going to take longer than the minimum 21 days you’re encouraged to do the meditations and mantras for.
That doesn’t mean you won’t feel or see many positive results quickly, it’s just a heads up that for me, these have been habits I’ve been actively reinforcing for years.
The good news is, I have found that effort to be 100 percent worth it.
I really believe in the power of these tools as they have genuinely worked for me in life. In fact, they’ve probably been the single most significant thing I’ve done for myself.
After practicing these mindset tools regularly I feel more resilient, happier and I’d also say my life is more “outwardly” successful too.
Will the Unsinkable Bounce Back System work for me?
Who I think will like the Unsinkable Bounce Back System:
- Although this course says it’s about overcoming challenges to triumph, after taking the course I’d actually say it’s also for anyone wanting to lead a more successful and happier life in general — whether you happen to be experiencing difficulties right now or not. These are still super useful tools that we can all benefit from.
- If you enjoy teachings from the Law of Attraction, I think this will be right up your street.
- If you are looking for a supportive companion to walk by your side as you heal yourself. This program felt like a wise friend telling you the things you really need to hear.
Who it might not be the best fit for:
- I’d say there is a definite spiritual overtone to this training which not everyone may feel comfortable with. There are references to God and The Universe. But even if you don’t have certain beliefs yourself, if you can look past the language, these tools are still practical psychological techniques that really work.
- Similar to the above point, there are several references to the law of attraction and how our energy draws and repels things from our life. These concepts don’t resonate with everyone.
- If you are determined to blame others and wallow in self-pity, you’re not going to get much out of this course. This is a proactive course about taking power back.
How much does the Unsinkable Bounce Back System cost?
To buy this program will cost you $247 when paid in full. There’s also a payment plan of 3 installments of $97.
I’ve already mentioned in the “cons” section of this review that I’m not so keen on the marketing techniques that pretty much all personal development courses seem to use these days.
The value of this course is presented as being worth thousands of dollars (although I’m not sure how they arrive at the price tag) but you can “buy it today for just $247”.
But the most important detail here is whether the content you receive is worth $247? And I definitely do think it is.
I mean, it probably is worth more than thousands of dollars if you actually implement it in your life and get the desired results. You can’t put a price on happiness.
What was it like to do the Unsinkable Bounce Back System and what will you learn?
The bulk of this course is a 7 module program, but there are lots of extras in the form of meditations, mantras, and bonus classes, etc.
It’s a step-by-step training that is designed to reprogram your conscious mind, reprogram your subconscious mind and elevate your vibrational frequency (which to me, just means feel and act in a more positive way).
The course is very self-explanatory and easy to follow. You are told what order to do all the sessions in, and why it’s important to follow the flow of the course (because each lesson builds upon the last).
In the very beginning, to set up why what you are about to learn is so important, we are told about the countless examples of some of the world’s most successful people and the hardships and failures they first experienced.
It really hits home how no one is born being successful, it’s totally something you create for yourself — and the stories we tell ourselves will shape the way we feel and ultimately the outcome of our actions.
Here’s a little breakdown of what you’ll learn about in each session:
- Welcome video, where you are introduced to the course and begin to shift your perception
- Tools and teachings to reprogram your conscious and subconscious mind
- Master Your Mind & Recreate Your Reality
- Letting go of self-limiting beliefs
- Connecting to your higher self to get mental clarity and receive answers
- Learning to ‘let love lead’ (including forgiveness, gratitude, giving and receiving)
- Stepping into greatness and finding opportunities
Each session lasts approx 30-45 minutes and includes exercises that you have to pause the video/audio to complete.
Additionally, there are 2 daily meditations to do throughout the course and some short mantra videos which you are encouraged to do for a minimum of 21 days (so that they can sink in and feel more like a habit).
What do you get when you buy the Unsinkable Bounce Back System
- The seven module Bounce Back System program
- Four “Self-Awakening” Meditations
- Two 15-minute “activation” meditations (one for the morning and one for the evening)
- “High Vibration” musical neurological mantras
- “Bounce booster” visualization video for daily motivation
- Access to the “Circle of Light” Facebook group
- Season 1 and season 2 of ‘Be Unsinkable Teleseminar Series’
- Access to the unsinkable movie
- Three Life classes on ‘millionaire money’, ‘healing relationships’, and ‘overcoming procrastination’
- Unsinkable LIVE
Is the Unsinkable Bounce Back System legit? My overall conclusion
I don’t feel any hesitation in recommending this program.
If you take this course I feel confident it can help you to improve your outlook, peace of mind, and circumstances in life.
I have been applying these techniques for years (and this program has many of my favourite methods in it). And the more I’ve used them, the happier I am and overall the better life seems to get.
Whether that’s down to the law of attraction, I don’t know. But what I do believe is over time I have trained my brain to become more positive.
And because of that, I continue to take more responsibility for all areas of my life and I consciously choose to create the results I want — surely if ever there was a “secret formula” for success, that would be it.