Your thirties is your golden age; don’t let it go to waste.
Too many people pass on into old age regretting the things they could have done.
Health, money, and time won’t always be on your side. The 30-year mark is a great time to begin exploring and enriching your personhood.
There are different ways to seize your life and embark on crazy adventures that will add value to your existence.
Use this bucket list to ensure that you keep your thirties fresh, fun, and exciting. Jump out of monotony and do something crazy.
Maybe tomorrow you’ll hop on a plane and go on an unplanned trip. Maybe you’ll donate to charity. Maybe you’ll cover your friend’s shift while he or she takes the day off.
There are unlimited ways to do something new, it’s up to you to discover which ones you want to do.
For starters, here are 35 awesome things you can do to kickstart your 30s. You don’t have to do every single thing on this bucket list to call your life a success.
(We just released a new eBook: The Art of Resilience: A Practical Guide to Developing Mental Toughness. We highlight 20 of the most resilient people in the world and break down what traits they have in common. We then equip you with 10 resilience-building tools that you can start using today–in your personal life or professional career. Check it out here.)
The important thing is to inject new things to your life and do things you otherwise wouldn’t do.
- Go on a solo trip and explore a location you’ve never been to.
- Drastically change how you look with an experimental makeover.
- Set a crazy fitness goal and stick to it. Run 5 marathons in a month. Lift weights 3 times your body mass. Get into a crazy (but healthy) diet and stick to it.
- Rent a yacht in Monaco or Saint-Tropez, France.
- Take camping on a whole new level and experience “glamping” at a 5-star accommodation.
- Learn something crazy: take a flying class, learn how to juggle, enroll in a pottery class.
- Splurge on something expensive. Give yourself that luxury bag or watch you’ve always wanted.
- Dress up with your friends and gamble a night away in Macau or Las Vegas.
- Go skiing in some unknown European destination. Rent a cabin with your closest friends and family.
- Find a charity or a cause you believe in and donate a significant amount to it.
- Hop on a cab and book one-night in a luxurious hotel just because.
- Take adventure to new heights. Go skydiving or bungee jumping. Or do both.
- Embark on a spiritual journey. It doesn’t matter if you’re going to the Western Wall in Jerusalem or St. Peter’s in the Vatican or ashram in India. Go there and surrender yourself to the culture.
- Attend an art auction and invest in an art piece you’ll be proud to display in your home.
- Do little acts of heroism to strangers for a week.
- Skinny dip alone or with friends. Preferably in a public place.
- Travel to a non-tourist destination and get to know the local culture.
- Travel to a tourist-friendly destination and uncover hidden gems most travellers never discover.
- Participate in a fitness competition. Do Crossfit or run the Ironman Triathlon.
- Visit a world heritage.
- See a famous painting in person. Try to remember it and attempt to recreate it without looking at a copy online.
- Participate in a clean-up drive at least once. Local beaches usually have clean-up drives arranged and are extremely accommodating to interested parties.
- Eat in a Michelin-starred restaurant and enjoy every single bite.
- Climb one of the famous mountains. Or all of them.
- Travel across Europe aboard the Orient Express.
- Do something you never would have done and keep an open mind while you’re doing it.
- Attend The Burning Man festival with awesome people. Or go to it alone and meet other festivalgoers from different parts of the world.
- Adopt a pet and treat it like your own child.
- Prepare a budget trip abroad and try to immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Learn a foreign language and spend at least a week practicing with people online.
- Create something that will inspire other people, whether it’s a book, a song, a video, or a photo. Then post it online for people to see and share.
- Spend a week without an internet connection. Live your life without social media and other tech aside from your phone and your other bare essentials.
- Enroll in an online class and maybe earn another degree.
- Make friends with a stranger. Strike a conversation with a friendly-looking person and see if you can create a great relationship with that person.
- Turn this list into a reality. Or better yet, create your own list and start moving.
CHECK OUT: Ideapod’s latest eBook
Ideapod’s latest eBook, 10 Essential Steps to Creating a Life You Love, is the essential guide to jump starting massive change in your life.
Written by a life coach with decades of managerial and coaching experience, it provides a blueprint that will help you live the life of your dreams.
Highlights of this essential eBook include:
Helping you in all areas – personal and professional – 10 Essential Steps to Creating a Life You Love will be your valuable guide to being the most you can be.
It's your last chance...
… to enroll in Out of the Box, the online workshop by Rudá Iandê.
This is the most comprehensive and revolutionary program in personal development available today.
If you’ve tried new-age programs in spiritual development and found they have been ineffective… It’s not your fault.
It’s time to embrace an approach to personal development that helps you to align with your true nature. Your good side, your bad side. Your positive emotions and your negative emotions.
We’re so confident that Out of the Box will deliver an immediate impact on your life that we’re offering a 30-day money-back guarantee. No questions asked.
You’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying it out.
After today, you will have to sign up to a waiting list to enroll in Out of the Box.